5.17.2013

Glows & Grows

I was reading this blog post about making family traditions and one of the suggestions reminded me of something I used to do with the kids when I taught elementary music. If there was a few minutes after the lesson or if I wanted the kids to do a quick self-evaluation, I would ask them to list three Glows and one Grow: three things they did well or enjoyed doing and one thing they needed to practice or improve upon. As most good teachers do, I got this idea from someone else- why reinvent the wheel? Thank you, Jessica Shindle!
Why not start "Glows and Grows" at home with my children? It would be perfect dinner table conversation starters and a great way for us to see how the boys are doing "spiritually, physically, mentally, spiritually, and socially".
Okay, I need to get off of the computer because my oldest has been playing Kindle freetime for about an hour... maybe more. No, I don't have it all together and I'm not SuperMom, just in case you were wondering! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment