It may not seem like a big deal to some but I'm sure there is someone out there who could use this hack! Let me begin by explaining that I am only posting this because I searched and searched for something like this and came up with nothing. We don't have an iPad, portable DVD player or Kindle. When we decided to take a 2000 mile road trip with the boys I packed lots of toys and coloring books, but I knew that they would most likely get tired of those and our ride would be much more peaceful if we could let them watch videos. So, when the road got rough (boys arguing, crying, etc.) I held the phone for them to see while they watched Verizon Fios. Not ideal... Anyway, I was trying to think of a way to stand the phone on the console (I used a box and some other ideas that failed.) Then my husband asked if I could open the console and attach it some way. Two ponytail holders worked perfectly, once I hooked them onto the console latch.
We have a 2014 Corolla and I'm sharing that because this hack may not work for all makes of cars.
With the console in the upright position, and two ponytail holders, we had a hands-free video display!
I love that I can plug the phone into our car via USB and the sound goes through the stereo. It worked perfectly. and it was cool trying to McGyver something out of nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment