I made these chalkboard/magnet boards for my nieces and a couple of my sisters for Christmas.
Materials: Pizza Pans
Chalkboard paint and brush
White craft paint (Wal-Mart)
Ribbon and faux flowers
hot glue gun
magnets
chalk
The first one is for my niece who is a daycare teacher. I thought she could hang it in her classroom or on her door and add magnets to make it a message board for students or parents to see.
This one is for my high school aged niece who is very into fashion and taking lots of selfies. ;) I thought she could use this in her bedroom or bathroom as a make-up holder. I gave her magnets to attach to her eyeshadow, mascara, etc. She liked it! and uses it!The last two are countdown to Christmas chalkboards that I gave to my sisters who both have little ones at home. These were pretty easy to make. I scuffed up the pans first with sandpaper, wiped it clean, painted it with two coats of chalkboard paint. For the crown and the reindeer, I just went online to Google images, found ones I liked, sized them and printed them out. I then rubbed chalk all over the back of the paper and traced the shape with the non-brush side of my craft paintbrush. The chalk left the outline on the pan and I just filled it in with the white paint using a small craft paintbrush. I used the same technique for the letters. Hot-glued the ribbon in place, hot-glued a loop of ribbon to the back to act as a hanger and voila! The whole project took me about two evenings to complete and I think they are so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment